Friday, September 11, 2009

On Hell Week

The last two weeks have been a circus at our house.  I never pledged a sorority in college, but I'm assuming that Jay has been going through a sort of Hell Week for 3rd graders lately.

For the last several years, Jay will have a couple seizures a year and that's it.  From January until the end of August we have had eight so far this year.  Let me tell you, there is nothing that makes Micah and me crazier than seizure watch.  If 8 in 8 months wasn't enough, Jay decided last week to have two of those nasty buggers on Monday and Tuesday.

Panicked, overprotective mommy (me) frantically made Jay a Dr.'s appointment to see if his seizure medicine needed changed.  Dr. says no, but I have a sneaking suspicion that I will be taking Jay to his old neurologist in the very near future.  I'm wondering if he has outgrown his medicine or been taking it so long that he is becoming immune to it.  For now we are on an antibiotic and so far, no more seizures.

Jay also decided, in all this craziness, that he would have one of the aforementioned seizures in his new classroom at a new school.  I swear he scared his fresh out of college Life Skills teacher close to death.

I'm hoping we've got the situation under control for now.  We leave for Massachusetts for five days on Wednesday and there is nothing I dread more than a car seizure 100 miles from a hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment