Friday, May 7, 2010

On jealousy

I've been thinking a lot in the past week about having my tubes tied. Not contemplating it, but thinking about it after the fact. I willingly had my tubes tied last Monday during my c-section. I asked my doctor at my first OB appointment to tie my tubes at delivery. I had no issues with no longer being able to have children. I knew that I only wanted two kids and I knew I didn't want to take birth control pills or the shot for the rest of my child bearing years.

I'm not regretting my decision, because I know that I don't want anymore kids. What I'm struggling with is the fact that Micah could still have kids, if he wanted to. We could get divorced (God forbid) and he could go out and have another family with someone else. Okay, I don't really think that is going to happen, but I'm sure no one really thinks something like that is going to happen to them.

I know this seems stupid, but I have been thinking about this and I just need to get it out before it drives me crazy. For the record, I talked to Micah about this last night and he assured me that he has no plans of going around making babies with anyone else. It just bugs me that he still could.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the birth of your daughter. The 26th is my birthday too!
    It is interesting to me how differently people can feel about the same subject. I just could not deal with having my tubes tied after the boys were born. I was pretty sure I was done, but I just couldn't deal with the finality of it when I was only 29. We thought about fixing my husband, but we couldn't deal with that either. The funny thing is, we really aren't planning on having more.
    Anyway, It sounds like your husband is a good man. Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete